Posted December 2016
The custodian position is part-time (10-15 hours per week), paid at an hourly rate of $11.00-13.00/hr. depending on experience, to provide routine janitorial services on a regular and as needed basis. SOTH seeks an employee who works well on their own initiative and who is enthusiastic, flexible, and able to communicate with the staff, Property and Grounds Committee, and building users.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume of experience and employment history by email to email@example.com.
The position is open until filled.
POSITION TITLE: Custodian
STATUS: Part time, hourly (10-15 hours per week)
COMPENSATION: $11-13 an hour, depending on experience
REPORTS TO: Pastor, as head of staff; Property and Grounds Committee; Administration Committee
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides janitorial services for the inside of the church building on a regular and as needed basis.
CORE COMPETENCIES (STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR):
INITIATIVE: Identifies and anticipates what needs to be done and takes steps to accomplish the required tasks without waiting for prompting or reminding.
ENTHUSIASM: Exhibits an upbeat attitude and willingness to not only complete the task at hand, but to ensure that it is done correctly with excellence and quality.
FLEXIBILITY: Recognizes that to do the entire job well, there will be situations that call for totally different actions and responses than planned; changes course if necessary; and does things different because they are needed to get the job done.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Demonstrates the skill of active listening; openly accepts constructive suggestions and critique; seeks to resolve interpersonal conflicts when they arise; and engages people in the office setting with a demeanor of optimism.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Responsibilities):
• Clean the church building by performing routine janitorial services on a schedule established by the Property and Grounds Committee.
• Schedule irregular cleaning services (i.e. carpet cleaning, window washing) as needed in conjunction with Property and Grounds Committee.
• Coordinate cleaning activities with the church calendar and perform janitorial services for special events (i.e. weddings, memorial services, etc.) including weekends, as requested in advance.
• Maintain adequate cleaning supplies in the church building, in coordination with the Property and Grounds Committee.
• Maintain cleaning equipment (vacuum, etc.) as needed and coordinate with Property and Grounds Committee for repairs/replacement if necessary.
• Facilitate repairs to the church building by observing needed repairs during routine cleaning, reporting these to Property & Grounds Committee, and facilitating needed repairs as directed by Property and Grounds Committee.
• Communicates effectively with staff and congregation.
• Works cooperatively with others to the benefit of church programs and to further the mission of SOTH.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Attend monthly meeting of the Property and Grounds Committee if requested.
2. Other duties as assigned.
Work occurs primarily within the SOTH church building. Dress is modest and comfortable. Hours are somewhat flexible depending on need and church activities. Position requires physical strength and flexibility for bending, lifting, pushing activities and moving light furniture.
1. Experience providing janitorial services.
2. Successful completion of background check.