Because marriage is a wonderful and special gift from God, Shepherd of the Hill Presbyterian Church takes seriously our responsibility to help couples prepare, not only for a beautiful wedding, but also for a healthy marriage that lasts a lifetime.
All wedding ceremonies performed at Shepherd of the Hill Presbyterian Church shall be subject to the following guidelines:
1. Wedding ceremonies are to be accommodated for:
a) Members currently on the active rolls at Shepherd of the Hill;
b) Children/dependents of members at Shepherd of the Hill (whether the child/dependent is also a member or not);
The fees for the above individuals will be charged according to the "members" schedule in the current wedding guide.
2. For the following individuals who do not meet the previous qualifications, wedding ceremonies at Shepherd of the Hill will be allowed only at the discretion of the current pastor and with final approval by session:
a) individuals who are currently participating in membership classes at Shepherd of the Hill with the intention of becoming an active member of the congregation;
b) Individuals who are active members of another Presbyterian or other Christian faith church, who for reasons such as (but not limited to) military service or schooling, are currently living in our community;
c) Individuals in cases of extreme hardship, to be determined by the pastor;
d) Individuals with a past history with our congregation, with circumstances to be determined reasonable by the current pastor and session.
The fees for the above individuals will be charged according to the "non-members" schedule in the current wedding guide.
3. All wedding ceremonies held at Shepherd of the Hill will be officiated by the current pastor of Shepherd of the Hill. If the couple to be married requests for another ordained Christian pastor to participate with Shepherd of the Hill's current pastor in the ceremony, it shall be considered by our pastor and approved by the board of session.
4. If the current pastor of Shepherd of the Hill is not available to officiate at the ceremony due to unavailability or emergency, the current pastor shall approve, along with session, for another ordained Christian pastor to officiate.
5. All wedding dates are subject to the availability of the pastor and the church facility.
6. All wedding couples are subject to the guidelines and fees described in the current wedding guide.
7. All wedding couples must participate in premarital counseling sessions with or as approved by our current pastor, with the number of sessions to be determined by the pastor.
Please find the full Wedding Guide here: SOTHweddingguide